The Broken Mirror

A gift it was, that I got without asking

A mirror, so simple, yet so beautifully striking

With a look of awe, I stared at it

I didn't think I was worth it, no not a bit.

 

Reflected in it, was my beauty that I'd never found

My infinte abilities that soared above the ground

It taught me how to learn from my flaws

To become a genius like everyone else was

 

And then the mirror slipped, all of a sudden

It simply broke and I couldn't stop it happen

In horror, I saw myself still in it

Saw my carelessness reflected in every broken bit.

 

All around me grim sadness creeped in

All that remained in the mirror was the ghost of my last grin

I picked up the pieces and tried to put it back again

But it cut my finger as if to show me its pain.

 

I fixed it struggling as hard as I could possibly

But now it only showed me the acts I had done foolishly

I saw all my efforts to repair it, go in vain

As I realised, a broken mirror can never be the same again!!!

3 comments:

Thousif Raza said...

Pri i gotta say with your poems you capture emotions like no other person, can i mean seriously ya, i could feel the pain, abt how one would feel when something like this would happens, there is so much depth i mean so much depth and emotions in the poem ya, its so very powerful really, loved it i mean loved it :)



take care and keep writing.....

Anonymous said...

how fascinating!

Broken Mirrors has been one of the leitmotifs of my poetry - both the early and late ones. Good one, this! :)

abhishek said...

hey nice work..........
when is your next installment is coming..........
keep writing........../